Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tougher Than Me...

I absolutely could not be more blessed in terms of the crew that I have helping me out. Let's not kid ourselves, everyone is busy with something. So finding time to help out with day long (or in my case, close to six month long) events is tough to do. My guys have gone above and beyond to help in ways they don't have too. I've got Pat organizing and contacting anyone and everyone. Jill, Ali, Brian, and Dave show up and stay all day long for fundraising events and watch me run all night on training runs. My family, especially Elbow and Paul, doing stupid little nit-picky favors, but things that nevertheless have to get done. Then all the people sponsoring me: Lisa Evans over at Brooks, Jenni Peters at Varsity Sports, and Eric Hill up at Mississippi State.

People can't grasp the idea of running 100 miles and often ask me if I'm insane. No. I am perfectly sane. You want insane? Check out these guys that are helping me. They've got nothing invested in this. This cause is my own personal struggle, not theirs; but don't try and tell them that. They're on board and fully dedicated as if this thing was their own brain child. I love them for that, and that's why they're tougher than me.

Crawfish for Cancer was a success! Our turnout was a little low and in the end we had to go sell outside of Tiger Stadium after the spring game...but we still pulled down close to $1400. Some of that will have to cover expenses, but the majority will put us over $2300!

Happy running!

No comments: