Monday, April 21, 2008

Motivated

Motivation. When I'm forcing myself to sit still for long periods of time, motivation is crucial. This whole week is the most severe test of my resolve and self-control. Do I have enough self-discipline to make myself not train and still remain motivated? When I wake up at four in the morning ready to roll, can I sit down and drink coffee and watch the news and wait till I have to be at work? I'll have to.

My iPod is working in overdrive. There are a few heavy metal bands (A.T.P., Metallica, and Tool) coursing through my head, but it's mostly movie soundtracks. I'm brooding to "300", "Braveheart", "The Bourne Identity", and "Black Hawk Down". I've started to get a little more nervous, but for the most part I'm still quietly angry and determined. I'll be nervous when I get in the car for Natchez...but till then, I'm ready and impatient.

As of right now, I have 3 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes till the gun goes off. Bring it on.

Run hard.

No comments: