Saturday, April 12, 2008

Man Down

Yesterday saw the downfall of our first team member. It started out innocently enough. When I headed out for an easy run around the lakes there were only a few ominous clouds in the sky. The sun was still out and it looked like any rain clouds floating by would soon be blown out of the area. It wasn't long before it began sprinkling. It was very gentle and I was thinking that an easy drizzle would be cooling and I wouldn't have to worry too much about my iPod shuffle (GumpPod). As I continued around the lakes, so did the intensity of the rainfall. Before long, it was a torrential downpour and the iPod and I were completely soaked.

The last song that he played before giving up life was 'Knights of Cydonia' by The Muse; a song about a post-apocalyptic cowboy future...seemingly appropriate for it's last song.

So now a new iPod is on the way. Perhaps we'll name this one JennyPod (I like to name my iPod's after famous persons and I seem to be on a Forrest Gump trip at the moment).

Happy running!

No comments: