Friday, April 25, 2008

Game Day, Not Nervous

We are about nine hours from the gun going off later today. Still not nervous, actually just tired. I'll take it pretty easy today and try to stay off my feet as much as possible.

Ali and I are leaving around 11-ish for Vidalia where we'll try to catch the tail end of a Relay for Life captain's meeting. Then once in Natchez we'll start setting things up. People and team members will begin to arrive, I'll need to get changed and do some interviews, and then the gun will go off. I'm ready.

The weather is going to be interesting. Right now there are extremely dark clouds in the sky. Hope they blow over or at least hold out. Either way, I'm glad this day is here. It's really a relief to have this thing almost over. All the emotion and physical stress has been a crazy trip...and I'm glad that we're all finally seeing this to it's finalé. I'm also glad I'll be surrounded by my friends and people close to my heart. It couldn't happen without them.

God bless and pray for us.

Run hard.

(in memory of KB)

No comments: