Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flogging Molly

This week has been, by far, the most infuriating week of training I've had. Shinsplints are not the culprit (they've actually subsided almost completely), but rather I can't seem to stay healthy. That may be an exaggeration. Really all I have is another head cold, but when you need to log a four hour run, a head cold is enough to drop you to the floor. So I've been heavily doped up on NyQuil and Zicam. I was able to get in one run in the past seven days that was just under four hours, but the rest have only been two hours at the max. I've also had to cut out all weight lifting. I feel like I'm on the tail end of this cold and hopefully she'll be cleared up by tomorrow.

This weekend I've got the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Baton Rouge. This is a really long event (because of all the ceremonies before and after), but one of the more entertaining races I do each season. Also, my sister and I are headed to New Orleans on Sunday to see Flogging Molly at the House of Blues. This will be my fourth time to see them, and I know what you're thinking...."Brady, overkill. Four times? Really, how many times do you need to see them?" Well, the answer is "many more." I love the Irish Rock, what can I say.

We recently picked up Timex as a sponsor and they are helping us out in huge ways with fundraising. Speaking of, we cracked $1,000 yesterday! I'm excited. The majority of the money we raise will come as the race gets closer, but I'm ecstatic that we've reached this benchmark.

No comments: