Friday, March 21, 2008

Indian Creek Swim

Changes have been made to the chase team for race day. Initially we had Big Dave, Pat Fellows, Brian Sebastian, and we'd found an EMT that would be with us all night. Well, our EMT has since left the team and Brian can't be there on race day because of a family situation (we forgive him...family first).

So here is our new line-up on race day:

Pat Fellows (captain)
Dave Melichar (captain)
Ali Lionberger
Paul Hendrix

We still don't have an EMT, but here's what we know: I am physically healthy, we won't be more than 30-40 minutes from an emergency room, the worse injury I can endure is some kind of twist or sprain, and if there were any serious heart or health problems, we likely would have seen them already in one of the trials.

Yesterday I got a painful deep-tissue massage that hit the spot. Just what I needed. And this morning I drove to Alexandria and spent a few hours out at Indian Creek canoeing alongside Dave and Ali as they got in an open water swim. I jumped in too for a quick swim at the end. I hate swimming. Period. However, it's always great to get in a different kind of cross-training.

I'm still taking it easy after last weekend's fiasco. We had an article run in The Advocate that instantly brought in about $250. Fundraising is cruising along. Get excited!

No comments: