Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lower Back Tatt

The Flogging Molly concert was fantastic. They just don't get old. Perhaps what makes them even better than most bands is how amazingly friendly they are post-concert. I've met most of the band over the past four concerts just because they are extremely outgoing and courteous to their fans. So I have Flogging Molly's new CD on the iPod and also the two bands that opened up for them: The Cherry Cokes and The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band...I highly recommend all three.

Training has continued to be tough. I finally got over the head cold that was keeping me down for a week, but I'm still having trouble keeping my energy up. My legs are continuously exhausted. So I have taken today off and probably won't run again until this weekend.

This weekend:
Saturday: The Warhawk Triathlon, Monroe, LA
I know people are wary of me doing so many races while training. Also, why race when you are admitedly tired? Well, this tri is still up-in-the-air. I may not do it, but won't know for sure until Friday. Depending on how my legs feel and how I feel in general will determine if I'll be at this starting line.

Sunday: Trial III, Natchez, MS
This is our third and last true trial. I say true because I'll do one more really long run before the race that won't technically be a trial. Saturday's trial will be on the Trace again and this time we will start about eight or nine o'clock and run through the night. We need to do this because on race day we'll start at night to avoid the risk of overheating. We initially planned for this run to be 11-12 hours and close to 65 miles; however, better judgement and advice has led us to shortening this to 8-9 hours (45 miles). We figure that we're about 95% certain I can knock out 100 miles and that there wouldn't be much of an advantage in putting in those kind of miles this close to race day. At this point, it's better to be slightly under-trained than slighlty over-trained.

My sister hooked me up with a sweet, sweet lower-back tattoo today. I get a big kick out of mocking people in subtle ways they aren't real sure about...ala the lower-back tatt. It's temporary, don't fret...but I wish I could see the look on people's faces as I pass them while running the lake with my shirt off. Priceless.

No comments: