Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One Month

I've had a very relaxing series of training days the past week. Maybe it's because some of the pressure is off since I've already gotten over the peak of really hard training. Or, maybe, I know it's close to the end and I'm over it. I'm pretty sure it's just because I know I'm tapering, I'm ready and in shape, and this goal I've been working so hard for is finally at hand. Anywho, my easy runs have been, well...easy. I'm rocking mostly to the vocals of Dax Riggs on my iPod...check him out.

I am officially within one month of race day. I'm not really hung-up on this date, but it is comforting to know that it's almost over. Don't misunderstand...I'm not jaded; but, really, training for a 100-miler is exhausting all the way around.

Early Friday morning my brother, sister and I will head out on a twelve hour journey to Sebastian, FL for my cousin's wedding. I'm very excited about this trip. Ever since I went to Ironman, FL in Panama City with Big Dave, I've been craving to get back. There's just something about training on the beach that is amazingly relaxing and effective. I can train for all three tri events at once with not much break between. Since I'm tapering right now, I can coast through at my own pace while taking in the scenery. Plus, I get to see the whole family in a very fun place and the wedding later in the evening is going to be a-tons-of-fun.

The crawfish boil is our next mini fundraiser...except it's not going to be so "mini." Lot's of people are getting in on this and I'm hoping it's as big as the number of mass emails that are going out!

Happy running!

No comments: