Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Prelude To Trial II

Friday's massage session went very well. I was admitedly nervous since I've never had a massage before; however, the folks over at the Massage Emporium were more than professional and provided my legs with some much needed relief.

Last Friday was my last run before this morning. I was trying to give the shinsplints some time off. This morning's run with Andrew Bayer proved what I really already knew: giving you body time off to rest, always works. In essence I didn't actually take off this entire weekend. While I didn't run any, I was in the weight room for maybe 2-3 hours each day.

Sunday is our next trial run. Eight to nine hours and, hopefully, close to 50 miles. Right now the plan is to rest for the remainder of the week. I only have one run planned between now and Sunday, but will continue to lift weights and bike until Friday.

My sister and I went and saw a band called Bones on Saturday night. Their sound is like Kings of Leon and The Black Keys...only slightly more metal. Anywho, they rock and so do I (now that they're on my iPod).

Happy Lent!

No comments: