Friday, January 4, 2008

Sick Day

Today I am packing up and driving to Baton Rouge where I'll spend the rest of my time training. I'm very excited because its training ground that I'm use to, which makes getting ready for race day almost seamless. I've had an excellent string of runs the past few days. I know that I won't be able to run any faster than about five mph on race day, but I've been training at about seven mph for between two and three hours. Yesterday was tough, though. I didn't have a fever, but it was one of those days where your body just shuts down. I was tired, had a headache, and thought I maybe was coming down with the flu. I was probably just a little dehydrated. However, as I finish this blog I'm rolling out the door to get in some miles, probably about 20...or at least 3 hours.

Happy running...and check out the Teaser Trailer link on the right. It's only a minute long and, I think, is pretty motivating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Brady. Good luck on your event. Baton Rouge is my home town. If you need any logistical help, I could probably swing something since you'll run past my sister's house. I'm running the HURT 100 next weekend, so best of luck to you on your event as I return for my second 100 since my cancer. Later - Paul