Friday, January 25, 2008

Post Trial Run

The aftershock of Monday's 33-mile run has been surprisingly minor. There was a small issue with shinsplints and with a little stiffness, but other than that, recovery has been a breeze. Although, I have noticed I've been extra sleepy earlier and earlier each evening. This week has been mostly rest and cross-training on the bike, so no major training to report.

I've noticed that I don't associate very well with people of my generation. I've seen this in two ways: First is that I just don't buy into their culture. The music sucks, they are on the whole very lazy and without respect, and are perpetually focused on self-gratification. Second is that nobody runs! I know, that doesn't mean much coming from somebody who is neurotic about it. However, my running is more a function of getting out and doing something. It seems less and less I see that desire to get out and do something positive (for the community or yourself).

**steps down from soap box**

Had a great run this morning. You ever feel like your legs are operating separately from your body? Yeah, that's how this morning was. I've got a meeting with the Baton Rouge Triathlon club tomorrow...hope I'm received well. Also, Dave is trying to get me to see the new Rambo movie. Talk about lame. Peace.

No comments: