Sunday, December 30, 2007

Running in the Lou

I'm reporting live from St. Louis, MO this week. I came up with my mother and sister to hang out with some family, and also to run on some courses that I haven't been on in a long time. Most are just my own personal routes through neighborhoods, but a few, like the Creve Coeur Park, are a great flashback from back in the day. My cousin, Nick, from Florida decided that he wanted to run with me the first day. I get excited any time somebody wants to run with me because...well, it doesn't happen very often. Nick lasted just past the three mile mark. Needless to say he is not a very big runner...and also thinks I'm insane (which is a popular concensus these days). I was just excited to not be running by my lonesome for a (brief) change. Thanks Nick.

Anywho, it's freezing here. A stark contrast from balmy Louisiana. But the runs have been easy and enjoyable. Actually I think they've been easy because I'm enjoying being on courses I haven't visited in many moons (a little indian lingo). It's also good to see my family, including my aunt who has cancer and is my inspiration for this run. I'm not even sure the most fluent poet could describe how important she is too me. I wish I could see her more often.

Happy New Years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brady...I was surprised that you didn't get June Bug to rune with you. She surely could have lasted as long as Nick did.
UC