Sunday, December 23, 2007

Run Run Rudolph


I apologize for not posting in awhile. Christmas festivities have been demanding a great deal of time.

On Monday I set out from Pineville High School on a three hour run. I was nearing the one hour mark when I ran into Dave who was doing his morning run. So he and I finished his run and then I continued on for another hour. Nothing monumental to report about this run, except that it took more out of me than I expected. I was fine during the run and immediately afterwards, but for the next 2-3 days I was spent. I took 3 days off total from running (left achilles was sore), but had no problem falling back into rhythm with strong, hour long runs.

I was in Natchez this weekend. I didn't get to train any on the Trace (that will come eventually), but I did get to run on the River City Classic course. This race kills me every year (it's a monster of a 10k filled with hills), but I felt great on it. Despite my history of doing terrible in this race, I am looking forward to slaying it come February.

So tomorrow, Christmas Eve, I'm going to get at least two hours on the bike and then try to get two hours worth of running. I have a huge back log of Rush Limbaugh episodes to listen to, so that will be my soundtrack, haha. After that its time to kick back with the fam for more festivities.

Merry Christmas to every body out there. God bless, be safe.

No comments: